Skills – Develop A Workforce
Advance Casper is dedicated to advancing economic prosperity for Casper and Natrona County. Advance Casper assists this prosperity through the creation of jobs and the development of a skilled workforce. A skilled workforce is a key to a strong and diverse economy in Casper and Natrona County, Wyoming.
In addition to the three higher education institutions: Casper College, UW-Casper and WCA Regional Training Center, we partner with these other education and training entities:
- Natrona County School District – Students and their parents have the option to choose which schools they wish to attend within the district from elementary through high school.
- Climb Wyoming is a non-profit program for low-income single mothers to discover self-sufficiency through career training and placement.
- Wyoming JATC The Wyoming Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee is a cooperative training effort between the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the Local Unions #322 and #415 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) whose jurisdictions cover the entire State of Wyoming.
- The Department of Workforce Services’ Employment and Training Division helps to build a workforce to meet the changing demands of Wyoming’s diverse businesses, citizens, and economy by providing training grants and programs to assist business develop a skilled workforce.
- The Wyoming Contractors Association’s Regional Training Center provides industry-driven, short-term, high-intensity training programs that allow students to focus on developing knowledge and skills for a career in a high-demand industry. The Training Center also works closely with area businesses to provide customized on-site training and business partnership programs and wage compensation.
- University of Wyoming at Casper – Through a partnership with Casper College, the University of Wyoming has a branch campus where students have the opportunity to pursue 32 bachelor, master or doctorate degrees. Students also have the ability to start collecting credits toward other degrees offered at UW and eventually relocate to Laramie to complete their education.
- Casper College is one of the largest community colleges in the region with approximately 5,000 enrolled students. The campus has 28 buildings on more than 200 acres. Casper College offers 140 associate (two-year) degree and certificate (one-year) programs. The college offers academic transfer programs, career training, continuing education, and basic skills instruction..