Start A Business

Entrepreneurs are innovators of the economy! Advance Casper believes supporting entrepreneurship and small business is a critical component to a healthy economic ecosystem. That is why Advance Casper supports education, resources, and alternative financing for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

 – Casper – Top 20 of the Best Cities to Start a Business by WalletHub, 2018

Licensing and Permitting

Are you starting a business or expanding your scope? Then you want to make sure you have the right licenses and permits in place in order to be successful and maintain compliance. 

The Wyoming Business Council contracts with the Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network to offer assistance and one-on-one guidance with business licensing and permitting questions and needs. Contact Cindy Unger for help.

Contractor licensing (except electrical) is not done by the state of Wyoming. Rather, the option to license contractors is deferred to the local jurisdiction where the construction activity is to take place. Local contacts are found at this site: http://wyomuni.org/members/. Each region has towns listed alphabetically.

The Department of Workforce Services administers both of these programs.
wyui.wyo.gov/benefits/home.do. Phone: 307-777-8717.

The Wyoming Department of Agriculture (and some local jurisdictions) licenses food manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. http://wyagric.state.wy.us/divisions/chs. Phone: 307-777-7211.

You may need to register with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/trucking_commercial_vehicles.default.html. Phone: 307-777-4850 as well as the Federal Highway Administration (http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/. Phone: 307-772-2305.